Friday 22 April 2011

Magic zippo




This is actually a long exposure shot. I put the grey cardboard as background. manual focus and camera is on tripod.
I used a Nikon D200 with the 18-70 stock lens.
I glued down the lighter, opened the shutter and lit the lighter.
the shutter was open for about 2.5 seconds, so it closed before the flame burnt in too much.
There was some light in the room, but not much. It was enough to correctly expose the lighter in 2.5 seconds.
The aperture was f/11, but focused really close, thus the soft background.
My finger was a littlebit visible in the shot, so I clone stamped it out, otherwise there is no other 'shopping involved (oh, of course converting from RAW to Jpeg too.)

I hope this helps t pull off similar shots, and if you did get inspired, please post me a link in the comments, so we can check out your shot too.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure i fully get it - but wicked either way - still need that F'ing D3100!! Then I'll bother getting into all of this.

    ReplyDelete